I’d like to present my lastest work, Death Korps Stormlord. Model is really huge and painting it was huge pleasure :) Here you can find some WIP photos.
More details on white background..
Here is painting step by step to give you a little help.
- Black primer (Vallejo)
- Highlight with Battlefield Grey (P3), leave black in recess areas.
- Highlight more with Battlefield Grey + Morrow White (P3)
- Now it’s time to Wella hairspray (hairspray technique :)
- Thin layer of Morrow white (P3)
- Wash the salt using warm water and soft brush.
- Watered down Nut Brown Ink (Windosr&Newton) in recess.
- Brown Ink (Vallejo) to improve shadows.
- Dark rust (502 Abteilung) – oil paint I use to make stains
- Watered down Red Ochre pigment (Vallejo)
- Add shadows with Thamar Black (P3)
- Highlight edges with Bleached Bone (GW), next with Morrow White (P3) in most raised peaks.
Vallejo pigments, Smoke (Vallejo), Gloss Varnish (Vallejo), PVA glue, sand
Dirt is extra covered with Still water (Vallejo) and next with Brown Ink (W&N)
Something like this that I remember..