Hello! Today I’d like to present you another step-by-step tutorial with basing and painting forest theme. I wanted to have rather dead, dark forest so don’t expect too much flowers :)
1. My basing materials – some cork, wooden plinth, resin details from Werewoolf Miniatures.
2. I glued cork and tree using superglue. Bones are placed on adhesive putty to deatach it before glueing soil and rocks.
3. I placed some river rocks also using superglue.
4. Next dry earth also glued with thin superglue. You can also use white PVA glue but when you care about time use superglue.
5. Bones on place.
6. I add some natural roots working as branches.
7. Painting time – first basecoat layer with Black Primer.
8. I aibrushed from zenithal position mix of 50/50 Cold Grey and Sombre Grey.
9. Further light added with pure Cold Grey.
10. Some warmer tones added using Sepia Ink.
11. More tones added using mix of Violet Ink and Black Ink.
12. I airbrushed Olive Green Wash around ground surface.
13. Maximal shadows were done using Black.
14. I drybrushed base using Heavy Brown and Heavy Bluegrey.
15. Additional turquoise tone added with mix of Black Green Ink and Violet Ink.
16. Basecoat for bones was airbrushed with Bonewhite.
17. I add a soft blending on bones using Khaki.
18. Wash made of Black Green Ink, Sepia Ink and Matt Varnish was appiled on bones and cutted branches.
19. I added more light on bones using firstly Heavy Brown, later Iraqui Sand and for extreme lights Pale Sand.
20. Foliage from MiniNatur.
21. After placing pieces of leaves and grass using superglue I airbushed them a bit to desaturate colors because still want to have dark climate of my base. Heavy Brown and Sepia Ink was sprayed on leaves in very thin layer.
22. Base is almost done, I’ll put there a couple of smaller details such as mushrooms and other forest stuff.
23. Hope you like it! :)
Thanks to Werewoolf Miniatures for basing stuff!
Thanks to Vallejo for paints!