My new project, it takes about 18h for all, painting, assembling and others. It was made for Bard, local hobby shop. I have a lot of fun with painting it. Short time made me to experiment with less layers of paint and I’ve got some good experiences..
The beginning, lots of parts… Unfortunetelly I don’t have original assembly instruction. I found some pictures of this sheets, and I found it very, very helpful ;) Parts are very hevy detailed – for example under goblins nest you can find some skulls, nets and corpses.
First stages of assembly, Arachnarok is really monstrous creature.
Now body is finished, only needs some grinding and filling gaps with dissolved putty.
Arachnarok compared with goblin shortbow champion.
Mr. Dissolved Putty from Mr.Hobby. It’s most helpful putty for filling gaps. Just use toothpick or old brush to put white fluid directly to gap.
Here is shown how it works. Putty gets into holes and make hard weld. Next just use sandpaper to get smoth surface and it’s done. Simple and fast tool.
Arachnarok compared to Forest Spiders regiment… I’m scared…
Primed with black and white spray. I have to prime more white to get really bloody red after. Ready for airbrushing.
First I primed spider with flat black and lot of white from above to get good ground for red, because Blood Red isn’t very opaque paint. Next I take watered down Blood Red (like 0,5% milk consistence) and airbrushed very thin layer. On areas shaded with black red became like Scorched Brown and on light areas red stay very bright. However after this step I still don’t have smoth blends, so I add Scorched Brown to Blood Red (50/50) and repainted color boundaries. Looks more smooth, but I want to get strong shadows and I use to paint next mix of Blood Red, Scorched Brown and Liche Purple (30/40/30). I painted most shaded areas with that mix. After this all steps I use watered down Baal Red to wash whole mini (I use airbush, so I cant put wash without water into pot). That’s all! :)
Little update for Sliver-spain
First coats of Bloody red, Scorched Brown and Liche Purple.
Here is set of paint which I use to paint Arachnarok’s eyes.
First basecoat from Orkhide Shade (GW).
Next is Gnarls Green (P3).
Highlight with Wurm Green (P3).
More highlights with Livery Green (VMC).
White dots, and eyes are ready. Later, after I paint whole model I varnished it with Matt Cote and repainted eyes with gloss varnish to get more realistic look.
Goblins nest. I decided to make version with net catapult.
Three main components, nest, spider and base ;)
Nest covered with Scorched brown (GW) thin wash.
Base with some static grass and tufts. I use diferrent colors of static grass to get more realistic look.
Still a lot to do… Goblin crew, main spider body, legs, goblins nest… and some details.. and more… more.. more…
I count about 11 work hours on this model (4h for assembly). I think there is next 11h to finish :lol: You can call it speed painting… hahahah
At last…. Today is last update of this project ;) It take about 18h to finish shared for 4 days, very, very fast work that I could not be late for 5 march. Truely gigantic „miniature”. I don’t want to have one in my O&G army and experience painting, assembling again…. Enough talking… photos!
My hidden laboratory..
Some black&white guys waiting…
This time I made very simple skin – not very thin wash from Wurm Green (p3) then Tharka Green wash (GW) and it’s done – looks good.
…and finished gobos..
And….. it’s all done… Ufffff… For finished mini go to top of this site.